Acne can affect the face, back and chest. It appears as comedones (whiteheads, blackheads), pimples, pustules and cysts and sometimes painful nodules. Unfortunately this may result in scars on the face and body.
Comedones on forehead
Consult your doctor early. The aim is to minimize the appearance of acne as it can be distressing to the patient, especially teenagers and young adults. Another important consideration is to minimize and prevent scarring.
Depending on the severity of acne, you will be provided with creams, lotions or gels to apply after using a recommended facial cleanser. If necessary, antibiotic tablets or oral retinoids are added for acne removal & elimination.
1. Injections for keloidal scars
2. Hydrafacial treatment for clogged enlarged pores and mild scars
3. Non-ablative laser treatment for milder acne scars
4. Fractional laser for deeper acne scar treatment
5. Spot acid treatment (e.g. TCA spot / CROSS treatment) for sunken or ice pick acne scars
6. Chemical peels for pigmented or dark marks & acne scars
Acne treatment does take time. Do be patient and allow at least 4- 8 weeks for the medications and treatments to take effect.