Rejuvenation of the face restores a more youthful appearance. A person can consider the following procedures to aim to
- ‘look less tired’
- even out skin tone, reduce pigmentation and ‘brighten’ the complexion
- tighten pores and decrease ‘oiliness’
- smoothen skin texture and decrease ‘dryness’
- tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles
- restore volume
Non-invasive skin rejuvenation can be safely performed in the clinic.
The following treatments are available:
- Topical retinoids help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, superficial wrinkles, scars, smoothen skin texture and reduce pigmentation. They also complement the other treatments such as laser therapy to decrease side effects and optimize the results.
- Cosmeceuticals contain glycolic acids, antioxidants such as vitamin c, arbutin, kojic acid and certain peptides amongst others to control and improve the signs of skin aging and laxity.
- Chemical peels use a solution to remove the outer layers of skin and stimulate new skin growth. There are different strengths of chemical peels and your doctor will tailor the regime to one that is suitable for your skin concerns. It can be used on the face and hands for skin aging, on the face and back for acne and also to improve the appearance of scars.
The regenerated skin that grows in response to a peel is smoother and less wrinkled, and has a more consistent texture and tone.
Chemical peels may produce reddening and superficial peeling similar to a sunburn, which typically lasts a few days
Laser Facial / Laser Skin Toning (Non-Ablative Laser Rejuvenation)
- Laser rejuvenation with “minimally-ablative” lasers can work on the deep layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production and tighten skin. Pores, fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation will be targeted. There is also minimal downtime.
- IPL is a non-invasive treatment that uses high intensity pulses of visible light to treat a variety of skin conditions, including facial lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and pore size.
- Radiofrequency waves can be targeted to the deepest layers of the skin, resulting in skin contraction and tightening. This non-invasive approach can lead to gentle lifting and tightening of the face, neck, brow, and cheeks with minimal downtime. Repeated sessions are necessary to achieve the cumulative benefit of the treatments and a maintenance regime is required to optimize the results.
- The abdomen, underarms, inner and outer thighs and other areas with excess localised fat deposits may also benefit from the latest technology that combines both radiofrequency with ultrasound.
Surgical Excision and Cautery
- Some skin lesions, such as moles, scars, and benign skin growths, may be surgically removed.
As with any minimally invasive , non –surgical treatments, multiple sessions are required to achieve the desired results. Your doctor will recommend a treatment best suited to your personal needs, aims, medical history and skin type. After which, an individualized maintenance regime will be discussed to maximize and prolong the beneficial effects of the procedures.